First released in 1999, Counter-Strike (CS) is one of the most loved multiplayer first person shooter video games. This game was developed by the Valve Corporation in which terrorist and anti-terrorist teams’ battle against one another.
There are several versions of Counter-Strike available-
- Counter Strike (Original)
- Counter Strike Condition Zero
- Counter Strike Source
- Counter Strike Neo
- Counter Strike Global Offensive
- Counter Strike Online
- Counter Strike Online 2
- Counter Strike Nexon Zombies
Two teams-the terrorists and the counter terrorists compete against each other and complete pre-defined objectives such as-
- Guarding/rescuing hostages-Here the terrorists hold a group of hostages and the counter-terrorist group must rescue them. This task must be completed within a time limit. If the counter-terrorists fail to do so, then the terrorists win.
- Diffusing/planting a bomb- In this objective, the terrorists must plant a bomb at one of the two bomb sites. They must prevent the Counter-terrorists from diffusing it within a specified period of time. If the bomb explodes, then the terrorists win.
The objectives depend on the map and the version of the game being played.
If you are wondering how to win in counter strike game, then here are a few tips for you-
- Acquire the skills
To survive in a game like Counter-Strike, it is important to acquire a few basic skills such as shooting. Unlike in games like Call of Duty, Counter-Strike does not provide the option of gunning and running. Players must stop, aim and fire. Moving from side to side while shooting the enemy is called as strafing. By playing multiple games, players can get a hang of the strafe and fire process.
Players need to understand the spray pattern of every gun that they use in order to avoid any last minute surprises. They can also improve their shooting skills by using crosshair positioning. Beginners are advised to aim at the torso and shoot 3- times at their enemies to get rid of them.
- Get acquainted with the maps
The game of Counter-Strike provides its players with unlimited maps. Some of the maps are Dust2, Truth in Chaos, Storm, Chateau, Short Dust, City of Sin, Prodigy, Fang, Final Option, Trinity, Jail, Airstrip, Frantic, and Port.
Players must familiarize themselves with the maps, avoid the bombsites, and play competitive games. They can also add their own maps for convenience.
- Understand the Weapons
Weapons play a vital role in the game of Counter-Strike as they are used to kill enemies and gain rewards. Often, players are allowed to carry one primary weapon, one secondary weapon, and one melee weapon. Players can use their reward points to buy new weapons from the buy menu.
The game provides various categories of weapons such as-Pistols, Shotguns, Assault Rifles, Sniper Rifles, grenades, Machine Guns, knives, and SMG.
Players must choose the right weapons at the right time, as using noisy weapons can draw a lot of unnecessary attention.
Hope that this article helps you to win at your next game.
Thanks for reading!